Sunday, February 23, 2014

Flawless Flashback - Damien vs Black Dragon

              Damien vs Black Dragon 2013 - A review from Damien's perspective!


Damien Vs Black Dragon? - UCW Match 273 by damienflawless

Where do I start with this match? I arrived to UCW that day expecting to wrestle Pvt Jack. I was very excited about this opportunity for a number of reasons. He's one of the hottest wrestlers in UCW and I could have used that to my advantage for many reasons. There would be people who would just be buying the match for his looks and they'd be impressed with my flawless skill! It was a win win situation. I don't much recall who was there that day but most of the other wrestlers were either forming alliances with one another, working out, or were taking part in the matches that were being filmed. I really don't get involved with the other wrestlers and what they do. I tend not to trust people too easily and keep to myself. Plus I had my own shit to do. This was my second match and I really wanted to leave an impression with the fans. This could have easily been the match to make or break me. One thing was clear I wanted to break Pvt Jack. There was just something I didn't like about him from the moment I saw his picture. Having never met the guy and only seeing him in video promos I just didn't like him. I was going to dish out some punishment and really not give a shit. I was going to give it my all and make sure he didn't take me too lightly. So while others were doing their own thing I was doing my research on Pvt Jack. I wanted to go into this match with some strategy. He was what 5'2" so I figured I could maybe kick him and he would go flying! No seriously you don't wanna mess with those short guys. They can headbutt you in the balls! Seriously though I just didn't like him or his attitude and wanted to give him an adjustment. To me he is one of those people that has a pretty face and just talks out their ass. He is so smug and just filled with arrogance that you just wanna slap him. That is just my personal opinion. That in no way represents what kind of person he is.  He could be friendly and super nice but this is my opinion here not anyone else's. I spent my before match time forming strategy and planning out how I'd work this match. I wasn't planning on losing this one or letting him have his moment.

So How did I end up facing Black Dragon?
I have no idea how this ended up happening? From the moment I arrived to UCW that day till I got
dressed for my match I thought I was facing Pvt Jack, I had everything planned out in my head even what I was going to say and it was comedy gold.
I had experience in comedy and fans could see a new side of me. I had a curve ball thrown my way when what appeared to be Black Dragon showed up to my match. Something looked very different about Black Dragon? I was only slightly familiar with his stuff but he looked way too tall to be Black Dragon. I thought maybe Jack is trying to throw me off and he is the one acting as Black Dragon. Only there was one problem with that. He was about three feet too tall! Since Jack is about three feet tall I figured something was up. This wasn't Jack and I don't know who the hell it was but it sure in hell wasn't Black Dragon either! I later found out that Jack had some sort of travel issue. Poor excuse for saying he was scared to face me! In any event I had to face this Black Dragon character and he was goofy. Now that I was facing someone else I had no idea what to expect. I didn't know his wrestling style or what I was going to do. Thankfully I managed to survive the match and I must say that it was quite a decent match. I was able to take back my deep dislike of Pvt Jack and play off of Dragon's taunts. Even using some of his own against him.

What did I learn from all of this?
This was a great experience for me all the way through. Even though I was not prepared for this match I got to learn from it. I learned to expect the unexpected in UCW because in short notice things can and will change. This being my second match in UCW I also got better as a wrestler. There was a noticeable improvement in my wrestling ability in such a short amont of time. Most importantly I learned more about my potential and what I was truly capable of.

So who was in the Black Dragon costume?
No spoilers here! You are going to have to buy the match to see the outcome and the "twist ending"
Luckily you can buy the match at http://www.ucw-wrestling.com 

Final Thoughts!
I did eventually get my hands on Pvt Jack thanks to a custom match. However what happens in a custom match STAYS IN A CUSTOM MATCH! I can't share the details with you even if I wanted to. Speaking of custom matches I am available for custom matches. The full details can be found on the UCW website. Thanks for reading another one of my blogs. STAY FLAWLESS!


No comments:

Post a Comment