Sunday, December 28, 2014

Looking back at my UCW Foes

     It is hard to believe that 2 years ago this weekend I was filming my debut UCW match against Axel. Seems like that time just flew by! I had a rather short run in UCW as you may recall I left right before the summer started. There were some people I didn't get a chance to have matches with that I would have loved to face but for several reasons. I want to share with you my experience with some of my former ucw rivals.  DISCLAIMER These are strictly MY OPINION! I'm not here to deliberately trash or make someone else look bad. This is just from my viewpoint. This opinion doesn't necessarily reflect whom that person is.

AXEL
I have blogged positively about him in the past. I don't really have anything negative I could say about him if I tried. Him and I are very similar in a lot of ways. We are both into fitness and fitness leadership and even had people think we should have been a brother type tag team. That is quite the compliment and I would have loved to sort of work in his shadow if my character was portrayed differently. I love his passion for wrestling. He helped me out a lot behind the scenes and I was always grateful for that. It was great having him further help train and develop me as a wrestler. When I first started in UCW I had a slight crush on him and I think he knew it. I like a guy's feet and he knew how to use his in a way that would be effective in a match and also be slightly a tease. He seems like a good guy at heart.

Michael Hannigan
He's another one I sort of had a crush on at one point. He's a great guy! I love everything about him. He is very fun to be around and a hilarious guy. The thing that I really liked about him is he had a strong passion for wrestling and that shows in his matches. A lot of guys came to UCW for some one off matches or keep coming back to make a quick dollar and they don't give a shit about the fans or what their matches look like. He on the other hand has a very old school mentality in a lot of ways where he actually does give a shit what his matches look like. It is that level of passion that really sets him apart from a lot of the other guys in UCW. So I am thrilled that he has been successful and I am thrilled that I got to have a storyline with him and that fans got behind it. Him and I had a great chemistry together and I think we could have easily put on a few more intense matches as we both improved. There was a moment in our one match where I accidentally stiffed him and I felt awful about it but he got me back later in the match and hit me equally just as hard. It wasn't a vindictive or bitchy type of thing.and there was a mutual respect there. He's one of the few that actually gets it and that is really what UCW could use more of.

Pvt Jack 
I don't know why but I always got the feeling that he never really liked me all that much. It is just one of those things that I could sense. Sometimes I am wrong about these things but more often than not I am on the money. I did a match with him and I think I was a little rougher than normal. I think I threw caution to the wind and just didn't give a fuck. I think I was in ass kicking mode or something. For some reason I just always had a negative vibe with him. He's a good looking man but I think that is the problem. I think he just had a little bit of an ego and it was rubbing me the wrong way. I was rough as all hell in our match and I did give him a hard stiff kick in the stomach but that didn't go very well. I think because when I was doing my pro training I had trainers of an old school mentality and there is sort of a different way being taught these days. I was a bit in the mix of both old school and new teachings. He was sort of a newbie at the time and I didn't know much of his wrestling experience, so I think that brought out the old school mentality in me. Well if he didn't like me before I don't think it changed after that. In my eyes Respect and Hard work still has a place in gay wrestling. Wrestling is wrestling and that doesn't change. Back to the story here. He seemed bothered by the kick and didn't say much to me after our match. I think he also refused to shake my hand after the match. I'm not sure what that was all about but I won't dwell on it. I will say this though he did have some potential. I am not really sure what his current status with UCW is but he was actually pretty decent as far as wrestling goes. He was a quick learner and was actually rather easy to work with as far as wrestling goes. There were just a few small things I would have changed but I won't get into that right now. It is too technical and boring to discuss at the moment.

Lance Thrust
I have mixed feelings about him. I think he had massive potential but was very under utilized. I also think he didn't quite realize what he was capable of doing performance wise and I felt that held him back a little bit. There is no reason he shouldn't have been a top star in UCW. I think he had some confidence or comfortably issues. He was great to work with and he was a bit of a natural. I enjoyed out match and I feel it was one of my better matches. It is when I was really starting to develop as a wrestler and it was my chance to carry someone through a match. I think I did a damn good decent job of doing that. He was also a very attractive guy and he brought out my flirty side. There is more I could say about him and some interesting stories to tell but again that is another time and place :-)


Eli Black
I never really got a chance to know much about him. I honestly don't know much about him. I have seen a lot of his other work and can tell you he's fucking amazing to watch but I can't really say much else because I don't know anything.

Quinn Harper
I'm really bummed that I never got to really work with him in a full match. He is a really odd duck. He is not a good looking man by most typical gay standards yet there is something that is really attractive about him. He also has a banging body! He has years of experience under his belt and I think working with him I could have really learned a lot and it would have been an amazing thing for me

Nick Diesel
We were supposed to wrestle on a few occasions but for some reason it never came to fruition. He had a personality that sort of rubbed me off the wrong way. We had an attempt at a match but we did not work well together at all. Something about us just didn't click and that happens sometimes. Sometimes 2 people could be so good at what they do but there is just no chemistry. I think that is something that was really missing when we tried to wrestle. Other than that he is a good performer and he had some interesting matches. It just wasn't meant to be for him and I

No comments:

Post a Comment