Sunday, August 17, 2014

Flawless SummerSlam Predictions!

                                            IMAGE COURTESY OF WWE.COM
      Rarely do I blog outside of the underground wrestling community but what the hell it is a special occasion. SummerSlam is one of the biggest wrestling events of the year and for once almost every match looks amazing! I am shocked that the WWE is actually booking things as well as they have been lately. For once I am actually excited to see a ppv and not just watch one! So let's begin shall we?

The Miz (C) vs Dolph Ziggler for the IC TITLE
The Miz has failed to be exciting for quite a while now and his new hollywood gimmick is awful. Dolph Ziggler on the other hand is a fantastic wrestler and all around performer. It would be fantastic to have The Miz lose this close to Hollywood! I just don't see it happening even though I'd prefer Ziggler to win. I just don't think the WWE really is behind him
Projected Winner: THE MIZ

Rusev Vs Jack Swagger  FLAG MATCH
I am on the fence about this match. I am not really sure what direction WWE is planning on taking Rusev after this match. This feud has pretty much played out. It is pretty much a sure fire thing that Swagger will get the victory and wave the US FLAG in glory! Rusev will still look strong out of this one by not getting pinned, but the real story is going to be between Zeb Colter and The ravishing Flordian LANA!
Projected Winner: Jack Swagger

AJ LEE (C) Vs Paige - Divas Championship
I'm  huge fan of the divas but I honestly forgot this match was on the card. All eyes are going to be on Brie vs Stephanie later in the show. I'm going to say AJ retains because for one reason or another WWE is high and might on her!
Projected WINNER: AJ LEE

Dean Ambrose vs Seth Rollins
This really should be for the money in the bank briefcase. This is probably going to be one of the matches that steals the show and for obvious reasons. The way I'd love to see it work out is Ambrose getting the win here and the feud continuing to Night of Champions with the MITB briefcase being on the line in that match. I do think the feud will continue either way but with how strong Ambrose has looked the last few weeks I'm saying Rollins has a trick up his sleeve.
Projected WINNER: Seth Rollins

Randy Orton vs Roman Reigns
Roman Reigns is being built as the next top babyface. I don't see a reason they'd have him lose at SummerSlam
Projected Winner: Roman Reigns

Brie Bella vs Stephanie McMahon
This is the Divas match everyone is going to be talking about for one reason or another. The inclusion of the Megan Miller affair was just awful and I hope they drop that. Not sure if she is an upcoming wrestler or somewhere on the indy scene. I have no idea I didn't research her and nor do I care to. She shoudn't be involved in this angle it cheapens it a lot. That aside everything building up to this has been amazing. This is the first divas match in years people are actually not going to use the bathroom for!  A lot of people seem to think Nikki is going to end up turning on Brie. I would love to see that but now is not the time for that. If for some reason this feud continues then yes that is perfect but for now it isn't necessary I'd love for Kharma to come back and destroy everyone! In any event I have a feeling Brie will get the win but Stephanie and HHH will have something up their sleeves. 
Projected Winner: Brie Bella (with something big happening after the match)

John Cena(c) vs Brock Lesnar for the WWE CHAMPIONSHIP
This match I am torn on. Their previous encounters were quite surprising in terms of match quality. There is no way in hell that Brock Lesnar is looking weak after this match. They wouldn't have the man beat The Undertaker only to lose to Super Cena! However I also can't see them putting the championship on a part timer. Does anyone remember the Rock's last title reign? I think that this is quite possibly going to end in a double count out or a disqualification! This way Brock can destroy Cena after the match and stand tall.
PREDICTED WINNER: DRAW DOUBLE COUNT OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment